To maintain an atmosphere appropriate for work, study, and enjoyment for all library users and staff, the following policy on behavior in the library and on the library property has been established.
The following activities are NOT allowed in the library:
- Cell phone use. Please turn the cell phone ringers to vibrate or silence and step outside the library to complete your call.
- Eating or drinking in non-designated area
- Playing of audio equipment so that others can hear it
- Leaving a child under the age of 7 unattended in the library without the supervision of an adult
- Talking loudly, making noise or engaging in other disruptive conduct
- Interfering with another person’s use of the library or with the library personnel’s performance of their duties.
- Blocking the entryways
- Misusing library furniture or equipment
- Moving study chairs to other study tables
- No more than one person can be at a computer at the same time
- Rollerblading or skateboarding on library property
Library privileges may be limited for infringement of the above rules.