- Ohio.gov: Part of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, provides employee and employer resource hubs for more information on unemployment benefits related to COVID-19.
- Wood County Job and Family Services
- Ohio Job and Family Services
- The Workers’ Guide to Unemployment Insurance: This booklet provides important information about unemployment benefits in Ohio, including how to apply, how eligibility is determined, and what must be done to receive payments.
- The Top 10 Things You Should Know: General information about the Unemployment Insurance program, including important telephone numbers and web addresses.
- How to Apply for Unemployment Benefits: A checklist of items needed when applying for unemployment benefits. Also provides a list of the requirements for establishing and maintaining eligibility.
- How-To Videos: Links to instructions for using Ohio’s online unemployment benefit system, unemployment.ohio.gov, as well as OhioMeansJobs.com, Ohio’s online career and employment center.
General Resources for Job Seekers
Everything you need from career exploration to job hunting strategies, job listings to résumé and interview tips.
- Cypress Résumé: Produce a high-quality résumé in three simple steps.
- Career One Stop: Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Glassdoor: Career community site, where job seekers can search for open jobs and access company reviews, salary data, and interview information directly from those who know best–the employees.
Search locally or nationwide for jobs in your field. Customize your search to find the perfect job for you.
- Career Builder: Opportunities in every industry, field, and job type.
- Indeed: Access to millions of employment opportunities from thousands of websites.
- LinkedIn Jobs: User the world's largest professional network to search for career opportunities.
- LinkedIn Salary: Explore salaries by job title and location.
- LinkedIn ProFinder: Helps connect entrepreneurs and freelancers with real business projects.
- Simply Hired: Your job search made simple.
- ZipRecruiter: The smartest way to get hired.
Preparation and Assessment
Use these tools to match your interests to an occupation, gather data for your job search, and ensure that your skills stay current.
- Tutor.com: GED prep, US Citizenship test prep, resume assistance, Microsoft Office support, financial literacy, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Online version of the U.S. Department of Labor’s career guidance resource.
- OhioMeansJobs Online Training Page: Practice tests, courses, tutorials, and study guides to build your skills and measure your knowledge.
- LinkedIn Learning for Libraries: Thousands of online educational videos, courses and tutorials with a focus on business, technical, and creative skills. Library cardholders are able to create a profile and track successes or tailor course listings to their skill set.
- Mometrix eLibrary: resume assistance, job interview prep, employment resources, college application help, financial aid resources, and more.
Local Services and Listings
Sites that focus on Ohio and Wood County.
- Ohio State Government Jobs: Apply to work for the State of Ohio.
- Ohio Jobs: Connecting local employers and job seekers.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Ohio’s gateway to job opportunities, career exploration, skills assessment, and test preparation.
Browse Our Shelves:
We have a selection of book in our Careers section to help with resumes, cover letters, and more information about different job and career opportunities, available here.
The Ohio Digital Library has a large curated collection of ebooks and audiobooks to help with job seeking skills and more, available here.