Way Public Library is pleased to announce the availability of a full time position in our Building Maintenance Department. This position includes an attractive suite of benefits including health insurance, paid time off, and matching funds into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System.
Janel Haas, Director Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave
Perrysburg, OH 43551
This position will remain until filled.
Job Title: Building Maintenance Assistant
Department: Building Maintenance
Pay: $13.50 - $19.00 per hour – Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Immediate Supervisor: Building Maintenance Supervisor
Job Responsibilities: Is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and cleaning of the building and maintenance of the property.
Qualifications: Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions, computer and key boarding skills. Ability to prioritize jobs as needed. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Must be able to be on the roof and able to climb ladders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to dust shelves and furniture.
- Ability to demonstrate physical fitness required to sweep floors, dust and move shelves and furniture.
- Ability to push and pull recycling and trash bins at 100+ lbs. daily
- Ability to kneel, bend, crouch, reach, and climb ladders – all on a daily basis.
- Ability to throw full 55 gallon trash bags into commercial dumpster.
- Ability to perform general building maintenance tasks.
- Ability to be on your feet for 7 ½ hours per day.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly with minimum supervision.
- Ability to keep workspace neat.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during emergency situations including being called in after hours and weekends.
- Ability to operate office and maintenance equipment, including but not limited to: standard office equipment, cleaning and housekeeping tools, hand and power tools, landscaping and snow removal tools, motor vehicle operation.
Illustrative Duty Modules:
100% Custodial/Maintenance Duties
- Performs a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties including but not limited to: changing light bulbs, landscaping, mowing, moving tables and chairs, cleaning all areas of the Library building, conducts daily inspection of building prior to Library opening.
- Works with Building Maintenance Supervisor in the on updating the maintenance manual as needed; diagnosing maintenance problems; performing light repair work as needed; maintaining stock of repair parts and materials; maintaining and adjusting the lighting system and HVAC controls; contacting vendors for maintenance assistance as required.
- Installs, removes, assembles, and moves bookshelves and other Library equipment; responsible for snow and ice removal and salting walkways.
- Works with Building Maintenance Supervisor on the Library security; responding to police, fire, and security monitoring company calls as necessary; working closely with Network/Systems Administrator to ensure effective and efficient operation of automated building system (e.g., HVAC, security, fire alarm, etc.)
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars as directed; serves on committees as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with Library policy and all applicable laws and regulations.