15-20 hours per week
$15/hour; this is a temporary, grant funded position
Under the supervision of the Systems Administrator, the Training Coordinator will coordinate technology training, services, and resources by providing classes, programs, and training modules for staff development and onboarding, as well as programs for customers of all ages. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with administration in order to coordinate, prepare and present staff trainings related to technology
- Prepares and presents instructional classes related to technology for customers of all ages, including related tutorial materials
- Coordinates programs for schools, agencies, and community groups regarding the library’s digital resources and technology offerings
- Reports digital resource and technology training statistics
- Collaborates with department managers and extension supervisors in order to ascertain department/location needs
- Interprets customers’ needs especially as it relates to technology
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and supports library goals and objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; listening and interpersonal skills; organizational skills; public speaking skills
- Ability to use and understand a PC desktop and/or laptop computer, including a mouse, printer, scanner and other peripherals.
- Familiarity with major internet browsers including but not limited to: Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Knowledge of common communication technologies such as email and social media.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- General understanding of the functionality of eReaders, smartphones, and tablet computers.
- General understanding of digital media such as eBooks, digital magazines, and streaming video.