This innovative collection of unusual, fun, and useful items is made possible thanks to the generosity of the Blaine Wiley Family in tribute to Joan M. Wiley.
As a child of the Depression, Joan felt you didn’t need to own everything. Her philosophy was “Why buy something when you can borrow it.” We agree, and are therefore very pleased to honor her with this carefully curated collection of items.
Why purchase something you only need to use once? Our Beyond Books collection not only provides you with fun and entertaining items to check out, but useful and cost-effective ones as well.
- All items in the Beyond Books collection check out for two weeks.
- Items will automatically renew for a maximum of one additional two-week period if there are no other holds.
- Patrons with a Way Library account (account numbers starting with 24298) may place a hold on Beyond Books items at any time and any place. Those with accounts from other libraries may place holds for these items only in person at Way Library or by phone.
- All items borrowed must be picked up at Way Library and may ONLY be returned to Way Library.
- We ask that all items be returned during Way Library’s open library hours, as they can NOT be put in book drops.
New Service Alert - Beyond Books-Party Express
Our Beyond Books collection of unusual things to check out with your library card continues to be a huge hit! Fun and useful new items are being added for you, along with duplicates of the most popular items. Now, because many of you told us you would like to be able to reserve some of our large party games in advance, we have created a new Beyond Books service called Party Express.
Party Express is a select group of items that you may reserve in advance and check out for a maximum of 4 days. It includes Giant Connect 4, Cornhole, Ladder Ball, Mega Chess, Mega Checkers, Giant Jenga, Badminton, Ping Pong, and a Karaoke System.
What’s next for Beyond Books?
We’ve only just begun! New and interesting items will continue to roll out in the coming months. In addition, as the collection develops and popular items are identified, duplicates will be added to meet demand.
Equipment and Electronics
Science & Educational Resources