In keeping with our mission statement, “To be the hub where people of the Perrysburg area can gather to experience community, gain access to information and discover boundless opportunities for enrichment of their daily lives” and various aspects of our strategic plan, Way Public Library invites our community members to communicate with us through social media sites.
Social media can be defined as any use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogue.
Way Public Library does not collect, maintain, distribute or otherwise use the personal information stored on any third party social media site in any way other than to communicate with users on that site.
Comments, posts, and messages are encouraged but may be monitored and deleted at the library’s discretion. Any user opting to post any of the following may have their content deleted, or user banned from interacting with library social media sites:
- Obscene or racist content
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized or copy-written material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
- Commercial promotions or spam
- Organized political or religious activity or proselytizing
- Photos or other images that fall in any of the above categories
All efforts will be made to uphold the standards of content hosted at library endorsed social media sites in a timely manner, but failure to immediately remove offensive content should not be construed as library endorsement of the content.
Way Public Library reserves the right to edit our postings for space or clarity. We also reserve the right to reproduce any content posted on our pages, such as in our newsletter or in a newspaper article.
The library does not endorse or review content linked from our sites by community members. We also cannot be held responsible for changes to a third-party site’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statements.
The value of the library’s use of these sites will be periodically evaluated and may be terminated without notice.
Approved by the Way Public Library Board on June 23, 2011