Welcome to Way Public Library
A little thing can help a lot!
Do you shop at Kroger? If so, you can support Way library at no cost to you by simply designating us as your Community Rewards recipient.
For those already registered? It is time to renew. Each year in April/May, Kroger requires participants to re-designate their Community Reward choice. For those not registered, you can support Way by simply registering your card online. It's easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
Learn to decorate cakes with expert Bonnie Williams on June 2 at 10:00 am. Registration is now open at the Way Information Desk. There is a $5 fee due at registration. Class size is limited to 12. Instruction includes: icing an 8 inch layer cake; rosebuds and half roses; tulips, drop flowers, daisies, sweet pea, leaves, various borders and writing.
Especially for contemporary film fans, Way Public Library presents Selma on June 3 at 2:00pm.
In 1965, Martin Luther King, Jr. stood up in the face of violent opposition and led an epic march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama in a successful effort to secure equal voting rights for black Americans. Selma, released in 2014, received widespread acclaim for its gripping performances and important history lesson. Adults only. Refreshments will be served.
PRIZM Creative Community and the Way Public Library Gallery are pleased to open a new solo exhibit of artistic and historic interest at the Way Public Library gallery, 104 E. Indiana St. in Perrysburg. “An Artist Life,” a retrospective of Joanne Grossmann, will be on display during the months of June and July during normal library hours.
The collection contains large scale oil paintings created by Joanne over the years as well as memorabilia of living in and around the Perrysburg area. Memoirs on display also her book published in 2001 named, “Letters from Camp” which documents the experiences of her father ( Floyd Thornton, former Mayor of Perrysburg) as an Army officer during WWI. A summer opening reception to visit with the Artist, family and community members will be held on Tuesday July the 7th, from 6:30- 8:00 p.m. in the Way Library Gallery area downstairs. Light refreshments will be served.
It's elementary my dear! Join us for a Sherlock party stocked full of games, activities, clips and costumes. Join us on June 8 at 7:00pm.
Register online or by calling (419)874-3135, x112. Registration begins may 1st.
- June 9, 2015 - See the Best of Hawaii with Judy Pfaffenberger
- June 10, 2015 - Heart Saver First Aid
- June 11, 2015 - Farmer's Market Book Sale
- June 17, 2015 - John Dillinger... In Person!
- June 20, 2015 - The Thelma Smith Memorial Concert
- June 22, 2015 - A Culinary History of the Great Black Swamp
- June 30, 2015 – Digital Library Services
- June 30, 2015 - Mercy Talks… Healthy Eating
- July 8, 2015 – Learning Facebook
- July 8, 2015 - Introduction to Bhangra Dance
- July 14, 2015 - Rheinfrank Hospital Talk and Tour
- July 15, 2015 – Facebook for Organizations and Businesses
- July 30, 2015 – Digital Library Services
- July 22, 2015 - Jane Austen Literary Tea
- August 17, 2015 - “COLOR MY WORLD” Youth Art Invitational Exhibit