Welcome to Way Public Library
Enjoy no-wait music, audiobooks, and popular movies at Hoopla Digital- Brought to you by Way Public Library.
Join us on Friday, October 31 at 2:00pm for a screamingly good time with this horror film starring Vincent Price. We’ll have popcorn, Halloween treats, and Price trivia!
Don't be too scared to wear a costume! Adults only, please.
In honor of Veterans Day, which will be celebrated on November 11, 2014, Way Library will be displaying its collection of area military veteran photographs. The 300-piece collection will be on display in the Local History Room beginning November 1 and will continue to the end of the month.
These photographs of Perrysburg area veterans span World War I to the Iraq conflict, although the bulk of the collection is made up of World War II veterans.
The Local History Room is open the same hours as the library, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
November 3, 2014 - Opening Reception for "Fresh Perspectives" Gallery Exhibit Featuring the Work of Perrysburg Highschool Students
In keeping with its non-profit purposes of supporting education and developing artistic talent, while bringing cultural enrichment to the community, PRIZM is pleased to sponsor a new display at Way Public Library in Perrysburg called “Fresh Perspectives.” The show can be viewed in the lower level gallery during the months of October and November at the library at 101 E. Indiana Ave., in Perrysburg from 9 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Monday-Thurs., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., and Sundays from 1-5 p.m. An Opening Reception to meet PHS Art instructors and their students will be held on Monday November the 3rd from 5:30 p.m.- 7 p.m. at the downstairs gallery.
Fall Computer classes have been scheduled. Registration begins on September 8th at the Information Desk. While all classes are free, a $5 deposit is required at sign up. This will be refunded at class. Library patrons not attending class will forfeit this deposit.
Please contact Travis McAfee at 419-874-3135 x 103 with questions.
Way Public Library card holders can download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles – from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – available to borrow for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets, computers and Apple TV.
Library Director Janel Haas is excited about offering hoopla digital. She says, “Our patrons have always been ahead of the curve when it comes to tech-savviness and enthusiasm for on-demand content. We are continually on the lookout for practical ways to deliver films, music, and books to them in the formats they enjoy most. The addition of streaming services to our collection via hoopla digital is another step towards fulfilling our objective of meeting the information and entertainment needs of our patrons. It is also a demonstration of our commitment to embrace the latest technology.”
- November 6, 2014 - Free Showing of Saving Mr. Banks
- November 8, 2014 - Book Sale
- November 10, 2014 - Mercy Talks... Putting Your Best Foot Forward
- November 11, 2014 - Learn to Decorate Special Occasion Cakes
- November 12, 2014 - Norway: From the South to the North
- November 12, 2014 - Small Business Basics: Roadmap to Success
- November 13, 2014 - Reel Talk Hosts Free Showing of ‘Love Finds Andy Hardy’
- November 13, 2014 - An Evening with Shakespeare
- November 14, 2014 - The Card Catalog Hosts a Robot Building Program
- November 14, 2014 - Reel Art: A Separation
- Food For Fines 2014: November 16 to 22
- November 16, 2014 and November 23, 2014 - NaNoWriMo Write-ins at Way Public Library
- November 18, 2014 - Topical Tuesdays: Solving Our Lake Erie Crisis: A Report on Current Research Projects in NW Ohio
- November 20, 2014 - Reel Opinions with WGTE Public Media: American Experience: Cold War Roadshow
- November 20, 2014 - No Mic Night Noodle