Welcome to Way Public Library
Join us as WGTE and Way Library present a screener of “Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies” on March 26 at 10:30am. This landmark, three-part film, from executive producer Ken Burns and director Barak Goodman, tells the comprehensive story of cancer, from its first description in an ancient Egyptian scroll to the gleaming laboratories of modern research institutions. Based on Siddhartha Mukherjee's Pulitzer Prize-winning book, The Emperor of All Maladies, the film interweaves a sweeping historical narrative with intimate stories about contemporary patients, and an investigation into the latest scientific breakthroughs that may have brought us, at long last, within sight of lasting cures. Join us for a peek at this gripping new series.
Admission and refreshments are free of charge.
Way Library, in cooperation with the League of Women Voters of the Perrysburg Area (LWVPA), welcomes Dr. Parama Sarkar of the University of Toledo on March 31 at 7:00pm. Enjoy this free presentation on gender, advertising, and popular culture. Please join us for this compelling program.
This program is made possible with support from the Humanities Institute at the University of Toledo.
Spring Computer classes have been scheduled. Classes are free, but registration is required. Registration begins on Friday, March 6 at the Information Desk. These classes are designed for beginner to intermediate skill level.
Way Library and Historic Perrysburg are pleased to present a three-part genealogy lecture series. Each workshop begins at 1:00pm. When conducting research do you ever find yourself out on a limb, all by yourself, with no place to go? Attend our lecture series* and find your way back into the tree!
Please note: These classes are designed for the genealogist with intermediate-level skills or better. This is a free workshop. Registration is not required.
About the speaker: Marjorie Waterfield, former instructor of Genealogy Research at Toledo University, BGSU, and Lourdes College, is the author of numerous books and hundreds of articles on genealogy and research. She has appeared on the Today Show and has been interviewed by the New York Times. Her latest book is “Errant Rebel” and covers the life of Caleb G. Forshey, a Confederate officer in the Civil War.
Join Keep Perrysburg Beautiful as they celebrate the 45th anniversary of Earth Day throughout the month of April at Way Library. Discover how the “Power of One’ person can make a difference by doing just one more thing.
- Make a “Power of One” pledge to help protect the Earth. We have 45 ideas for you but it only takes one. Add your pledge-on-a-handprint to our front window.
- Attend the “Recycling: It’s Easier Than You Think” program here at Way on April 22 (Earth Day) at 7pm.
- Sign up for one of three pre-school story times or the Dumpster Diver afterschool program. All take place on April 22 (Earth Day).
- Check out our selection of books on recycling, conservation, and all things green.
- Pick up some fun and educational activity sheets (word search, mazes, coloring sheets). New sheets each week.
- Visit our “seek and find” recycled items interactive display.
- Receive a complimentary conservation-themed bookmark at the circulation desk.
We have lots of exciting things in store for you so be certain to visit us in April.
- “Worth a Thousand Words, Works by Artists with Autism.” Showing in Lower Level Gallery April through May
- April 7, 2015 - The Many Faces of China with Judy Pfaffenberger
- April 8, 2015 - Climbing Your Family Tree Part 2: Find a Grave
- April 9, 2015 - Free Showing of Million Dollar Arm
- April 13, 2015 - Family and Friends CPR
- April 14, 2015 - Protecting Our Natural Heritage: The Black Swamp Conservancy
- April 15, 2015 - Climbing Your Family Tree Part 3: History of the W.P.A.
- April 15, 2015 - Free Compost Workshop
- April 16, 2015 - Free Showing of Casablanca
- April 16, 2015 - No Mic Night
- April 17, 2015 - Reel Art: Free Showing of “L’Affaire Farewell”
- April 18, 2015 - Card Catalog at Way Presents: Perrysburg Photo Scavenger
- April 22, 2015 - Recycling: It’s Easier Than You Think
- April 25, 2015 - Spring Book Sale
- April 28, 2015 - Mercy Talks... Joint Replacement