Welcome to Way Public Library
Way is currently closed on Sundays. Sunday hours will resume after Labor Day (September 1st, 2014).
In October of 2013, the Way Library Foundation began fundraising to help publish the book Village Voices: Hometown Stories of the Past. Written by Richard Baranowski, Local History Librarian, the book is a compilation of oral histories that he conducted at the library over the past ten years. The book is scheduled to be released in the fall of 2015, to coincide with Perrysburg’s Bicentennial, which will be celebrated throughout 2016.
The fundraising goal of $25,000 has been reached much quicker than anticipated. This was mainly due to a $10,000 grant generously awarded to the library from the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Our goal is met! Any further monies received will be forwarded to Way Library’s facelift/remodeling fund. Thank you for your contributions.
Come on Saturday, August 2nd at 10:00am and learn how to personalize your drinking glasses, or create a beautiful accent piece as Crystal Weiler teaches us how to paint glass.
Painting supplies will be provided but you need to bring your own glass (up to 4 items such as tumblers, wine glasses, etc). Sign up begins July 1st at the Adult Information Desk.
Are you interested in learning how to can vegetables? Becky White-Schooner of Schooner Farms will be at Way Library on August 4th at 2:00 pm for a demonstration on canning pickles. She will discuss proper canning procedures, demonstrate prepping and processing materials, and show herbs that can be added to the pickles. Please join us for this informative presentation! The program is free and no registration is required.
- August 5, 2014 - Free Showing of 12 Years a Slave
- August 8, 2014 - Linda Pertusati Gallery Exhibit Begins
- August 8, 2014 - Rock, Paper, Scissor; Mixed Media Workshop
- August 19, 2014 - Skype, FaceTime, and other Video Communication Software
- August 21, 2014 - No Mic Night to feature Wendell Mayo
- September 2014 - Computer Art and Digital Imagery Workshop Series
- September 9, 2014 - Knitting Basics
- September 9, 2014 - Heartsaver CPR AED
- September 10, 2014 - Presentation on the Toledo Troopers
- September 26, 2014 - First Meeting of the Monthly "Card Catalog" Group