Welcome to Way Public Library
Join Keep Perrysburg Beautiful as they celebrate the 45th anniversary of Earth Day throughout the month of April at Way Library. Discover how the “Power of One’ person can make a difference by doing just one more thing.
- Make a “Power of One” pledge to help protect the Earth. We have 45 ideas for you but it only takes one. Add your pledge-on-a-handprint to our front window.
- Attend the “Recycling: It’s Easier Than You Think” program here at Way on April 22 (Earth Day) at 7pm.
- Sign up for one of three pre-school story times or the Dumpster Diver afterschool program. All take place on April 22 (Earth Day).
- Check out our selection of books on recycling, conservation, and all things green.
- Pick up some fun and educational activity sheets (word search, mazes, coloring sheets). New sheets each week.
- Visit our “seek and find” recycled items interactive display.
- Receive a complimentary conservation-themed bookmark at the circulation desk.
We have lots of exciting things in store for you so be certain to visit us in April.
"Worth a Thousand Words: Works by Artists with Autism" is showing in the Way Lower Level Gallery until the end of May. If you would like to meet the artists responsible for these great works, join us for an artists' reception on April 27 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
More information about this exhibit can be found here.
Is joint pain preventing you from enjoying life? Are you a candidate for a joint replacement? Join Mercy and Way Public Library for an educational presentation about joint pain and surgical treatment on April 28 at 7:00pm.
Dr. Richard Miller, a member of Mercy’s team of orthopedic specialists, will share insight on the full array of joint replacement options for hips, knees, and shoulders. Dr. Miller will answer your questions on what’s best for you. This program is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
Way Library welcomes Jane Weber of the Toledo State Hospital Cemetery Reclamation Project for a presentation that will take a look back at the history of treatment in Northwest Ohio on April 29 at 7:00pm. Ms. Weber will share stories of the patients as well as the journey to restore the long forgotten Toledo State Hospital Cemeteries and honor the almost 2,000 men, women, children, and veterans buried there.
Would you like fresh vegetables but don’t think you have enough space in your yard for a garden? Try growing your vegetables in containers! Learn more on Thursday, April 30 at 1:00pm. Growing to Give Garden, a non-profit garden in Perrysburg, invites you to learn more about container and small space gardening with Wood County Master Gardener Coordinator, Lisa Cook. You will learn how to choose the right container, what soil is best, how to plant, care for and maintain a wonderful vegetable garden right on your patio!
Growing to Give Garden is a non-profit garden in Perrysburg. Their goal is to improve the quality of food available to those who are impoverished in our community. They plant and harvest a vegetable and fruit garden, donating 100% of the crop to area food banks and soup kitchens. Come to learn about container gardening plus Growing to Gives plans for the 2015 growing season.
- April 30, 2015 - Spring Time: Adventures in Acrylics
- May 2, 2015 - Way Library Talent Show
- May 5, 2015 - An Introduction to 3D Printing
- May 6, 2015 - First Session of Introduction to Tai Chi
- May 7, 2015 - Free Showing of Jersey Boys
- May 12, 2015 - Topical Tuesdays: The Invisible Issue: Fighting Hunger in Northwest Ohio
- May 15, 2015 - Free Showing of The Butterfly
- May 19, 2015 - The Art and Craft of Glass with Jeff Mack
- May 20, 2015 - Keep the Lake Clean and Your Lawn Green
- May 21, 2015 - No Mic Night
- May 27, 2015 - Mercy Talks…. Stroke Awareness
- June 2, 2015 - Learn to Decorate Cakes
- June 8, 2015 - It's a Sherlock Party!
- June 10, 2015 - First Aid
- September 9, 2015 - Heartsaver CPR AED